Connect with life, with nature and with humanity; contribute to the development of a more conscientious society.
Go Fund Me donation campaign.
The Sa Llavor Foundation is a non-profit organisation and a multicultural educational community working towards human evolution through education, the arts, culture, and a connection with nature.
Sa Llavor is the first centre in Holistic Pedagogy for nursery, primary and secondary education in the Balearic Islands which has been officially accredited by the Balearic Ministry of Education (Consellería d’educació). It also offers professional teacher training programmes and develops the 7 arts through its cultural area, the Escuela Cultura.
Thanks to your support and contributions, the educational project, founded 17 years ago in Mallorca, continues to evolve and grow in an ethical and sustainable way. Now, more than ever, we wish to make a plea for the help and support of the community as we have a unique opportunity to strengthen this ecological, sustainable and autonomous project through a donation campaign.
A GENEROUS DONOR, WHO PREFERS TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS, WILL MAKE A MATCH GIFT, DOUBLING ANY DONATION MADE DURING THIS CAMPAIGN UNTIL THE 15TH OF DECEMBER.
SA LLAVOR. ETHICAL AND SUSTAINABLE EDUCATION.
Below we will provide further details about the projects that need financial support:
1. BUILDING WORK FOR THE ACCREDITATION OF SECONDARY EDUCATION: Education to live, feel and think freely at Sa Llavor
Sa Llavor needs your support to finance the renovation and redistribution of physical spaces which permit the accreditation of secondary level education (Years 1 – 4) by the Ministry of Education of the Balearic Islands for the year 2023-24.
Contribute to an education which permits students to live, feel and think freely. Budget: 110.000€
Budget with Match Gift: 60.000 €
2. SUSTAINABLE HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING PROJECT: Renewable energy at Sa Llavor.
Sa Llavor needs to replace and update the heating and air-conditioning system and refit the building with a thermal system using renewable energy, which, when combined with a solar energy system will ensure energy efficiency for the building.
Contribute to the renewable energy system. Budget: 150.000€.
Budget with Match Gift: 75.000 €
3. KITCHEN AND ECOLOGICAL GARDEN PROJECT: To facilitate its educational goals, Sa Llavor needs funding for a kitchen which permits the pedagogical team to cook with different groups of students (nursery, primary and secondary). Funds are also required to finish the ecological vegetable garden which, in addition to contributing to the protection and cultivation of local varieties of vegetables and cereals, will feed our school through its school canteen.
The objective is to promote gardening and cooking activities as a learning tool for students and the wider community, as well as offer an ecological canteen service in which the students participate.
Contribute towards education for life. Budget: 46.000€
Budget with Match Gift: 23.000 €
4. FOREST PROJECT IN BINISSALEM: Sustainable education for the future at Sa Llavor.
Sa Llavor has initiated a reforestation project of a rural plot in Binissalem, Mallorca, with the goal of recovering local flora and hosting the students of nursery, primary and secondary education in their daily routine during free play. This plot is where the school community vegetable garden is located and where a variety of vegetables and cereals are planted. To date we have planted more than 100 Mediterranean trees and shrubs (including fruit and forest trees) as well as creating designated zones of local forest undergrowth. Our aim is to transform the area into an oasis, specifically for Balearic flora. It’s a project brought to fruition by the student body, the teaching staff and the families from the school, who make up our educational learning community.
Contribute towards a sustainable education for the future. Budget: 12.000 €
Budget with Match Gift: 6.000 €
5. PEDAGOGICAL MATERIALS AND RESOURCES PROJECT: Sa Llavor needs to create innovative pedagogical materials for students and teachers which will help support and spread the practise of Holistic Pedagogy.
Contribute with educational action. Budget: 10.000 €
Budget with Match Gift: 5.000 €
6. PEDAGOGIC DIFFUSION PROJECT: Educational diffusion at Sa Llavor.
Sa Llavor performs educational actions within society, through ethically sustainable communication for which it needs to update and improve its website.
Contribute to the promotion and diffusion of Holistic Education. Budget: 3.000 €
Budget with Match Gift: 1.500 €
TOTAL: 170.000€ Thanks to Match Gift
The Sa Llavor foundation is financed through school fees and donations from the educational community who participate and support the ecological and sustainable project. Any help would be most welcome.
Sow the seed of change for the future, make a donation today.